CHANGES VIGILANTES AWARDS FOR 2015 TRANSITION – Now that we have SUCCESSFULLY transited from GEJ TO GMB against ALL ODDS, we at Change Vigilantes would like to announce our heroes of this historical feat as follows:
For the 1st time major isues were driven FIRST on social media and then taken up offline by Newspapers, TV, Radio etc.
Kudos to the SOCIAL MEDIA WARRIORS ON BOTH SIDES for making this election year one for the ages.
2. NIGERIANS WHO VOTED AND DEFENDED THEIR VOTES – For the 1st time our votes REALLY COUNTED in most parts of the country.
Nigerians voted for their candidates and PEACEFULLY ensured votes were properly counted and announced. You rock compatriots!
3. PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI – For making the come back of historic propoertions after many aborted efforts.
Against ALL ODDS, Buhari survived charges of being a Muslim Jihadist, of being too Old, of being a Dictator and of being Uneducated to carry most of the country along in the Mission for Change.
SAI BABA, YOU DEFINITELY ROCK!
4. PROF. ATTAHIRU JEGA- THE INEC CHAIRMAN – This is one of the most potent heroes of the whole transition.
Jega could have sold out under pressure but instead he showed us what DIGNITY, CLASS AND HONOR meant by standing his ground to give us an election that would go down in history as one of the most momentous in NIgerian history.
Jega you are the bomb!
5. ASIWAJU AHMED BOLA TINUBU – I was never a big fan of this man of stature for years but this season the Jagaban showed me some class and doggedness that made me a convert. I was one of the few who never beleived he would support a Buhari Candidacy considering what buhari represents and what that may mean for him personally and politically but he proved all of us wrong by not only selflessly supporting the right candidate, he also put his money and mouth into making it happen.
Also, it is hard to ignore the yeoman job he did in selflessly putting together a WINNING COALITION that helped his party take down an ambitious incumbent president and the most funded political campaign in Nigerian history. As a dogged, canny astutue politician, this man deserves the highest honor of the land.
6. PRESIDENT JONATHAN GOODLUCK – While my passionate and unrepentant opposition to Jonathan Government and everything it represented is well documented, we must give respect where respect is due. Jonathan could have become suicidal following his defeat and refused to acknowledge what would have been inevitable by challenging the election or refusing to handover and thereby plunge us into war and violence but he did not. IN one of the VERY FEW CLASSY MOVES he made as President he actually congratulated the winner and stepped aside like a man who understood that nigeria is bigger than his own ambition. For that I doff my hat for the Man from Utuoke who came, who saw but really could not conquer. A man cannot give more than he is capable of. Whether history would be kind ot you or not would be revealed in the next few months. For now though I say ‘respect sir!’.
Join the CHANGE VIGILANTES ORGANIZATION NOW to help Buhari actualize the Change he promised at www.ChangeVigilantes.com Laila Stmd, Hrm Babatunde Ogala, Mamalet Ajibike Onigbanjo, Doyin Ogunbiyi, Abiona Wahab Abiodun, Kwesi Sagoe, George Wiltshire, Kayode Oseni, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buhari4Nigeria, HardTalk Naija, Ope Banwo, Adeoluwakemosticated Olanbiwoninu