What is our goal in the long run?
- 1. To Assist The Federal And State Governments Of NIgeria Implement The Program Of Positive Change They Promised Nigerians through Public Education, Advocacy, Volunteerism, and Encouragement Of Public Participation in Good Governance.
- 2. To Protect The Vote Mandate Beyond The Election Cycle By Ensuring That Politicians Do Not Act Contrary To Their Mandates, Published Manifesto And Good Governance Throughout Their Tenures n Government.
- 3. To Hold ALL Politicians Accountable For All Election Promises Throughout Their Tenure By Reminding Them Of Their Promises And Helping Them Remain Faithful To Them
- 4. To Provide Support And Advocacy For Implementing The Different Progressive Programs Of The Govt In Line With Their Electoral Promises While Opposing Any Actions That Are Contrary To The Promises Made By Politicians At Election Time.
- 5.To Identify Deviations From Political Promises By Politicians And Keep Records Of Such Deviations For Future Election References
- 6. To Exercise All Constitutional Means For Ensuring Politicians Keep To Their Promises To The Electorate Including Court Actions, Civil Actions, Recalls, Name And Shame Etc.
- 7.To Organize The Change Monitoring Govement Across All Levels Of Govt Including Fed, State, Local Govt And Wards
- 8. To Provide Educational, Mobilization, And Counseling Support For Citizens To Monitor Developments In Their Different Localities In Line With The Promises Made By Politicians.
- 9. To Partner, Cooperate, Liaise With International Organizations With Similar Mandates Aimed At Ensuring Good Governance All Over The World By Holding Political Office Holders To Their Electoral Promises.
- 10. To Establish, Operate And Maintain Organizational Chapters At The Ward, Local Government, State And National Levels For The Effective Mobilization Of Change Vigilantes Involved In The Effective Monitoring Of Governance In All Areas Of The Country.
How it works?
- We operate through a volunteer force of people who believe in positive change for Nigeria and from donations from well-meaning people all over the world interested in the growth of democracy and in holding political leaders accountable for their promises to the electorate throughout their tenure.
- We also initiate, support and champion different change projects in the country including Mass mobilization to support a positive change initiative of the government or to oppose any negative policies of the government that contracts the promises made during the campaign season.
- We also take different legal and civil actions to enforce positive change in our country including Sit-Ins, Peaceful Demonstrations, Court Action, Name-and-Shame Actions, Press Releases and Social Media mobilization.
How YOU Can Help Make Change Happen
You can be part of the change movement and help The Change Vigilantes Organization carry out its mission in one or more of the following ways:
- Register as a Change Vigilante on our website and participate in different discussions on different forums of our site and on different aspects of the Nigerian political landscape.
- Help the organization identify areas of needed change in your community that the government needs to focus on and also help identify instances where the spirit of positive change is being violated by any of our political leaders.
- Attend or form local chapters of Change Vigilantes in your community with the approval of the organization and mobilize members of your community to enforce the change they were promised by the politicians
- Donate to support the activities of the Change Vigilantes Organization to allow it mobilize, educate, enforce and agitate for good governance over our nation
- Spread the word! The more people who find out about projects of the Change Vigilantes, the more support it will get. So post a link to the project site on your Facebook page or include it in your email-signature. Or print out the project page and pin it to a noticeboard somewhere in the “real world”.